Jenni's Reviews > The Poison Eaters and Other Stories

The Poison Eaters and Other Stories by Holly Black

Mar 23, 11

bookshelves: paranormal, anthologies
Read from March 21 to 22, 2011

I don't know if i'm dumb or just ignorant of the obvious, for most of the short stories I've read, I couldn't understand the underlying meaning behind the plot. Maybe it's transperant for you guys who gave it a high rating but that's not in my case. The stories could be paranoramal or leaning against serious weirdness. None of them really got to my mind except the two I commented below. This is not a book I will recommend, but I picked this up because I was curious of how good Holly Black is, since almost everyone said that her other book, White cat, were so good. Maybe I will try that instead and forgot this not-so-pleasant-reading.

The Land of Heart's Desire -About Faeries, and the art of love. Believing that there is a eternal/forever love, but it could not be predicted, you just have to believe in your heart and your emotions (and mind). Believe that love can last.

The Poison Eaters -A girl who is not any normal girl you know, who is deadly poisonous that one touch could kill.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Poison Eaters and Other Stories.