Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker Queen of the Undead's Reviews > Warm Bodies

Warm Bodies by Isaac Marion
Rate this book
Clear rating

by
3039709
's review
May 23, 12

Read from June 08 to 09, 2011

Made the list for

Best Badass Zombie Books...

http://badassbookreviews.com/the-best...


Lessons learned from R (who happens to be a zombie)

1. Sometimes you are up, and sometimes you are down. That is until the power goes out and you are stuck.

2. Freaking out is not going to help, instead get married!

3. Sometimes a little brain goes a long way, unless of course you just ate the last of it, and then you are so screwed.

4. It is not our words but our actions that speak loudest regarding who we are.

5. A name is just that. Your identity is what people remember about you when you leave the room.

6. Sometimes humans are scarier than zombies!

I'll eventually do a real review but I just adored R and for the time being will leave this review like this.
136 likes · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Warm Bodies.
sign in »

Quotes Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker Liked

Isaac Marion
“I want to change my punctuation. I long for exclamation marks, but I'm drowning in ellipses.”
Isaac Marion, Warm Bodies

Isaac Marion
“My friend "M" says the irony of being a zombie is that everything is funny, but you can't smile, because your lips have rotted off.”
Isaac Marion, Warm Bodies


Reading Progress

06/08/2011 page 49
21.0% "from page 10-
"In my mind I am eloquent; I can climb intricate scaffolds of words to reach the highest cathedral celings and paint my thoughts. But when I open my mouth, it all collapses."
I must be part Zombie, because that is how I feel sometimes!"
06/08/2011 page 49
21.0% "From page 16-
"Without hesitation I pounce on him & bite through his neck. Then I dig my fingers into the crack in his skull, and pry his head open like an eggshell. His brain pulses hot and pink inside."

Even though the descriptions are very gross, they make sense since you are reading it from the zombie's viewpoint." 8 comments
06/08/2011 page 49
21.0% "From page 37-
"I look at her blankly. Hungry? Does she want an arm or leg? Hot blood, meat and life? She's Living...does she want to eat herself? Then I remember what being hungry used to mean. I remember beefsteaks and pancakes, grains and fruits and vegetables, that quaint little food pyramid."

I love this book!"
06/08/2011 page 62
26.0% "R grasping for his lost humanity and an identity is so heartbreaking. His sense that he is more than a shell of his zombie body makes me want to love him! Yes, it's true... I have a crush on a zombie."
06/08/2011 page 150
63.0% "I can't handle this book, not because of the blood, and gore but because the actual story is heartbreaking. Never in a thousand years, would I think an author cold make a book like this work but he definitely has." 8 comments

Comments (showing 1-50 of 50) (50 new)

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Wendy Darling Gross. Hah! It's in my pile, too.


Katie(babs) how's this one so far?


Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker  Queen of the Undead Wendy Darling wrote: "Gross. Hah! It's in my pile, too."

I just started, it's a short book, I should finish it today!


message 4: by Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker (last edited Jun 08, 2011 10:18AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker  Queen of the Undead Katie(babs) wrote: "how's this one so far?"

Just started but it is a good thing I have a strong stomach! LOL


Katie(babs) Michelle R, the Bookshelf Stalker wrote: "Katie(babs) wrote: "how's this one so far?"

Just started but it is a good thing I have a strong stomach! LOL"


braiiinnssss!


Maja (The Nocturnal Library) It's going to get even worse, Michelle. Yuck! But it's a cute little love story nonetheless.


Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker  Queen of the Undead Katie(babs) wrote: "Michelle R, the Bookshelf Stalker wrote: "Katie(babs) wrote: "how's this one so far?"

Just started but it is a good thing I have a strong stomach! LOL"

braiiinnssss!"


yum yum!


Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker  Queen of the Undead Maja wrote: "It's going to get even worse, Michelle. Yuck! But it's a cute little love story nonetheless."

I like the contrast- sweet love story with sweet yummie brains, and body parts.


Katie(babs) Michelle R, the Bookshelf Stalker wrote: "Maja wrote: "It's going to get even worse, Michelle. Yuck! But it's a cute little love story nonetheless."

I like the contrast- sweet love story with sweet yummie brains, and body parts."


oh god, not zombie sex? blerg


Maja (The Nocturnal Library) There was some serious dry humping! :D


Katie(babs) Maja wrote: "There was some serious dry humping! :D"

um, how does a kiss from a zombie taste? I picture maggots and the such.


Wendy Darling I can't look at this thread any more! So gross.


Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker  Queen of the Undead Katie(babs) wrote: "Michelle R, the Bookshelf Stalker wrote: "Maja wrote: "It's going to get even worse, Michelle. Yuck! But it's a cute little love story nonetheless."

I like the contrast- sweet love story with swe..."


Not that far but I'll let you know if it happens... don't body parts fall off on zombies.... how does a male zombie not lose his.....


Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker  Queen of the Undead Katie(babs) wrote: "Maja wrote: "There was some serious dry humping! :D"

um, how does a kiss from a zombie taste? I picture maggots and the such."


Maybe like really bad morning breath?


Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker  Queen of the Undead Wendy Darling wrote: "I can't look at this thread any more! So gross."

LOL!


Katie(babs) Michelle R, the Bookshelf Stalker wrote: "Katie(babs) wrote: "Michelle R, the Bookshelf Stalker wrote: "Maja wrote: "It's going to get even worse, Michelle. Yuck! But it's a cute little love story nonetheless."

I like the contrast- swe..."


zombie rot, so unless them digesting brains keep them intact, there must be body bits falling off.


Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker  Queen of the Undead Katie(babs) wrote: "Michelle R, the Bookshelf Stalker wrote: "Katie(babs) wrote: "Michelle R, the Bookshelf Stalker wrote: "Maja wrote: "It's going to get even worse, Michelle. Yuck! But it's a cute little love story..."

hmmmm... so zombie penis might not hold up very well. (yes I went there..lol)


Maja (The Nocturnal Library) Wendy, in that case, it's best that you don't read this book. I'm telling you, there were two naked zombies dry humping each other. Gross!

Michelle, exactly. No functioning body parts!


Laura the Highland Hussy Michelle R, the Bookshelf Stalker wrote: "Katie(babs) wrote: "Michelle R, the Bookshelf Stalker wrote: "Katie(babs) wrote: "Michelle R, the Bookshelf Stalker wrote: "Maja wrote: "It's going to get even worse, Michelle. Yuck! But it's a cu..."

LMAO!!!


Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker  Queen of the Undead Maja wrote: "Wendy, in that case, it's best that you don't read this book. I'm telling you, there were two naked zombies dry humping each other. Gross!

Michelle, exactly. No functioning body parts!"


LOL! This book is going to be fun.


willaful Not a zombie fan, but it sounds so good I've requested it.


Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker  Queen of the Undead willaful wrote: "Not a zombie fan, but it sounds so good I've requested it."

I hope you like it. Believe it or not, even though I've been reading a bunch of zombie books lately, I'm not a zombie fan. It just so happens, a bunch of really good, well written books as of late, happen to have zombies in them.


Shelley aka Gizmo's Reviews It's awesome, you and Wendy, who I follow re: reviews, are both reading, or have read this book. Still waiting for the library to find it for me.


Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker  Queen of the Undead Shelley wrote: "It's awesome, you and Wendy, who I follow re: reviews, are both reading, or have read this book. Still waiting for the library to find it for me."

Wendy and I have a habit of reading zombie books at almost the same time, usually just shortly after Maja has read the book. In truth, I just stalk their reviews waiting for the next good book and then go find it!

I hope you get a copy soon. My copy is now on the desk of employee number 2 (though employee #1 took it upon herself to lend my book to employee #2)


Wendy Darling Reluctant zombie lovers unite! :D I'm not much of a zombie person either, but darned if I know why some of the best books that have been written in recent years involve them.


Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker  Queen of the Undead Wendy Darling wrote: "Reluctant zombie lovers unite! :D I'm not much of a zombie person either, but darned if I know why some of the best books that have been written in recent years involve them."

Isn't that weird? And really, the actual zombies are minor in the telling of the story.


Shelley aka Gizmo's Reviews I took a semi break and am nearly finished with Treachery in Death, then Eve, then Graveminder before starting Rebirth and Deadline.

Ever wonder how a vampire vs zombie novel would do? Just a thought.


Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker  Queen of the Undead Shelley wrote: "I took a semi break and am nearly finished with Treachery in Death, then Eve, then Graveminder before starting Rebirth and Deadline.

Ever wonder how a vampire vs zombie novel would do? Just a thou..."


Depends on the zombie and vampire I think. Some zombies are pretty mindless and you can pretty much get away from them easily. However, I've read a few books where the zombie could give a vampire a run for his/her/its money.


Shelley aka Gizmo's Reviews Then we could have zombies ala Resident Evil that are fast and nearly indestructible! Ok, so I'm seriously losing it.


Maja (The Nocturnal Library) Lol, I think it's time for us to admit that we ARE all zombie lovers. It will sure do wonders for our reputations. :D

(view spoiler)


Bonnie There is nothing wrong with being a zombie lover. lol At least that's what I tell myself all the time.


Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker  Queen of the Undead Shelley wrote: "Then we could have zombies ala Resident Evil that are fast and nearly indestructible! Ok, so I'm seriously losing it."

LOL! No, you are one of us!


Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker  Queen of the Undead Maja wrote: "Lol, I think it's time for us to admit that we ARE all zombie lovers. It will sure do wonders for our reputations. :D

[spoilers removed]"


I'll never tell. Of course, it is only due to your distance from me, otherwise the posters would be up all through your campus...

j/k


Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker  Queen of the Undead Bonnie wrote: "There is nothing wrong with being a zombie lover. lol At least that's what I tell myself all the time."

LOL....oh is there really a difference between my hubby and a zombie? If I ask him to do something like wash the dishes, he definitely moans and groans and can barely move from the couch. Isn't that zombie-like characteristics?


Bonnie Michelle R, the Bookshelf Stalker wrote: "Bonnie wrote: "There is nothing wrong with being a zombie lover. lol At least that's what I tell myself all the time."

LOL....oh is there really a difference between my hubby and a zombie? If I ..."


You make an excellent point. I would watch him closely for any further signs. LOL


willaful I was just using our library's weird "aqua browser" to try to find books about exercise warm-ups and it sent me to this!


Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker  Queen of the Undead willaful wrote: "I was just using our library's weird "aqua browser" to try to find books about exercise warm-ups and it sent me to this!"

omg, too funny!


message 38: by Jamie (new)

Jamie Sounds good I like zombie genre also Nicholas holt is in the movie:)


Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker  Queen of the Undead Jamie wrote: "Sounds good I like zombie genre also Nicholas holt is in the movie:)"

He is a cutie. I just looked him up!


Holly Love, love, LOVE this book. :D


Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker  Queen of the Undead Holly wrote: "Love, love, LOVE this book. :D"

Same here. I'm so glad I initially won it. I can't wait for the movie!


Holly Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalking wrote: "Holly wrote: "Love, love, LOVE this book. :D"

Same here. I'm so glad I initially won it. I can't wait for the movie!"


Not sure how I feel about the movie, to be honest. Not really happy with the casting, but....i definitely plan on seeing it as soon as it comes out. :)


Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker  Queen of the Undead Holly wrote: "Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalking wrote: "Holly wrote: "Love, love, LOVE this book. :D"

Same here. I'm so glad I initially won it. I can't wait for the movie!"

Not sure how I feel about the movie,..."


Same here. I'm just curious to see how they'll handle it!


Yodamom Great review. I loved this book. it would make a fantastic movie.


Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker  Queen of the Undead Yodamom wrote: "Great review. I loved this book. it would make a fantastic movie."

It is still one of my favorite books. Have you read any of the really short stories on Marion's website? They are so good.


Vvalerie well put ;D


Laura the Highland Hussy Sandra wrote: "Hello Dear
How is life to you over there?
My name is Sandra i am a young girl and i am 23 year old single never married i am looking for a honesty and sincere partner please if you want to know mor..."


When did goodreads become a dating site?


Yodamom Weird,IDK but I'm not in for it ! LOL


Laura the Highland Hussy Should I flag the comment? Or let Michelle do that?


Book_freak Love this review :)


back to top