Kirsty (overflowing library)'s Reviews > Midwinterblood

Midwinterblood by Marcus Sedgwick

Jan 27, 15

bookshelves: review-books, uk-author, ukya
Read from August 30 to 31, 2011

Midwinterblood is everything I have come to expect from a Marcus Sedgwick book. It's creepy, clever and keeps with you long after you finish reading it. Oh and you need to read every page before the whole thing finally clicks into place and fully makes sense.

The book is told in sections, each section going back in time from the one before it. I found this way of story telling to be really unusual and a clever way of telling a story. Getting the little snippets throughout time meant you started to get an overview and started to see a pattern of the story as a whole.

There is a main story that runs through the whole book which you start to find more and more out about as the story unfolds itself as you delve deeper into the history of the downright sinister island where it is set.

It's hard to say exactly what this book is about without giving too much away about the plotline. Needless to say the story itself twists in turns in way I never saw coming and the storyline is so interesting that it kept me reading page after page. It plays with the ideas of past lives and what a person is willing to sacrifice for someone they love.

Another awesome offering which emcompasses everything I have come to expect from a Marcus Sedgwick and well worth a look.
7 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Midwinterblood.