Jen (The Starry-Eyed Revue)'s Reviews > In the Arms of Stone Angels

May 11, 2011

it was ok
bookshelves: paranormal-other, signed, won, 2011, i-almost-didn-t-finish
Read from May 02 to 04, 2011 — I own a copy

Although the premise of this story was unique, I found it very hard to get involved in the storyline. This seemed more like a debut novel than one from an established author. However, I've not read any of the author's previous works, so I do not know if this is the norm for her or not.

I was very aggravated with the voice of the female main character. Yes, she was a teenager and is expected to be lacking in maturity, but I can't believe that even I sounded this immature as a sixteen-year-old: 'Derek got in my face, close enough for me to smell his bad breath and get a zoom on his zits. One on his chin was ripe. The dude seriously needed to harvest.'

The story, albeit different, was very predictable and a chore to finish. It was a quick, light read, but I'm unlikely to recommend it to any fellow readers.

*I won a copy of this book through a giveaway on thebookheist.com.*

**Review also posted on http://starryeyedrevue.blogspot.com/.**

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read In the Arms of Stone Angels.

05/04/2011 page 179
56.0% "I want to throw this book against the wall and stop reading. The MC's voice is so juvenile: 'Derek got in my face, close enough for me to smell his bad breath and get a zoom on his zits. One on his chin was ripe. The dude seriously needed to harvest.' But I'm already 1/2 way through and I *hate* not finishing things..."

Emily (Book Jems) WAIT. WAIT. WAIT.
She talks about a zit being "ready to harvest" in Indigo Awakening, too.
Oh God, Jen, save me. So nasty.

Jen (The Starry-Eyed Revue) WTF is her obsession with zits!?! I have a feeling it's not going to get any better for you, what with the zit-harvesting and the insta-love, but I'm praying for you.