Sophie's Reviews > Paranormal

Paranormal by Kiersten White

Mar 24, 12

bookshelves: first-book-series, es-reads, reviewed
Read from March 17 to 18, 2012

Paranormalcy wasn't what I was expecting at all. First of all, I read it in Spanish, which I don't usually do (I don't like reading translations, I always prefer the original version). But I liked it anyways! I had a very bad experience with City of Bones, which I also read in Spanish but the translation was so horrible it ruined the whole book for me. So, yay!

To tell you the truth, I decided I had to read this as soon as possible when I read the first couple of pages in my local bookstore. It's just that there was some kind of humor... it totally sold me. And then, the paranormal theme (hence the title). Sometimes it's not easy throwing a bunch of paranormal creatures in an otherwise normal world, but Kiersten White did a wonderful job blending them together. I liked the mix!

Our main character, Evie, works for the IPCA, controlling the paranormal beings. I liked the fact that she wasn't with the "good ones" at first. It was interesting! How you can judge something as "evil" if you've lived your entire life by it, thinking that it was the right thing? Sometimes I found Evie a bit immature (is it just me, or she was tearing up almost all the time?) but I found her even more endearing. In this book there are a bunch of lovely characters. First of all, Reth... Oh gosh, he was SMOKING HOT. Really! Well, at the end I had mixed opinions about him, but I sure hope to see more of him in the future. And then there's Lend. Lend. Lend. What can I say? His name is so awesome (or weird, but that's the main reason why it's awesome) I don't know what else to say. Oh, yeah. His gift had me totally fascinated.

Lend was the sweetest character, and theirs was one of the sweetest romance I have read! With a love story that makes you feel like jumping around and a suspense that keeps you glued to the book the whole time, what's not to love in Paranormalcy?

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Paranormal.

03/17/2012 page 15