Andrea Lublink's Reviews > The Book of Joby

The Book of Joby by Mark J. Ferrari

Aug 16, 2011

Read from July 19 to August 15, 2011

The age old debate between God and Satan - is humanity worth it all? God agrees to a contest - winner take all (whole earth & its existence) - God picks one remarkable boy from all humanity and Satan gets to try and destroy him (without killing him) to try and make this boy turn completely to the "dark side."

Very much like the biblical Job who seems to do everything right while all kinds of bad stuff happens to him throughout his life. Story is told from childhood through mid-30's. Really was interesting to see how one or two really negative things can influence our personality and decisions as we grow up.

Close to truth - we seem to be in a battle at times during our lives to do the right thing despite what life looks like. How we often make decisions based on wrong thinking or lack of faith.

In the end Joby wins - of course - God would not pick someone who wouldn't - and learns many valuable lessons through it.

Additional characters with Lucifer are his demons and God's angels who work behind the scenes to help things go well in the world.

Highly recommend - but thick book!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Book of Joby.