Muttix Onlymuttix's Reviews > The Valley of Horses

The Valley of Horses by Jean M. Auel

1956796
Nov 25, 13

bookshelves: own
Read from March 21, 2011 to March 26, 2013 — I own a copy, read count: who knows?

I just read the most horrible book known to man. So now I'm picking up my comfort food book to try and erase the last words read. Ugh. Here's hoping Ayla whining about shit and having the best sex ever will lighten my mood.

***

I started this series as a teenager by sneaking to read my parents' copy of "The Mammoth Hunters", the third book in the series. Over the years I've read and reread the books many times and I believe "The Valley of the Horses" was always my favorite. With the new book coming out in days, I decided a reread was in order. I couldn't find my copy of the first book but having read it so many times, I decided to skip it and start with my favorite.

While at times I think Ayla gets a little whiny, I can't fault her for it. She's a teenager living alone, forced to give everything up. The entire story is just so well written. Some don't term this historical fiction but with the research and hard work that went into writing this story, I most definitely do.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Valley of Horses.

03/21/2011 page 50