Ausjenny's Reviews > Yesterday's Tomorrow

Yesterday's Tomorrow by Catherine West

Mar 21, 11

bookshelves: historical
Read in March, 2011

I found this an interesting book. The story is quite challenging as at the time so many were protesting against the war in vietnam and when veterans got back home they were often forgotten and didn't get the help needed. This story deals with the horrors of war and how being in a war zone can change a person. Kristin is a good reporter wanting to follow in her fathers footsteps and Luke is a talented photographer with issues. The books also deals with reentry into so called "Normal" life back stateside and the issues of readjusting where many do not understand what has been happening in Vietnam and don't seem to really care. I found the book informative and really gave an insight into being a war correspondent and how hard readjusting is. Watching Kristin dealing with different issues was interesting and I could feel her pain. A great debut novel and well worth reading. You will gain an insight into this time and what the veterans went through. I was reminded of the show China Beach when I started reading this book. Can't wait to read more books by Cathy.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Yesterday's Tomorrow.