Donna's Reviews > Partners in Crime

Partners in Crime by Agatha Christie

Mar 21, 11

bookshelves: mystery, ebook, 2011-read
Read in March, 2011

I used to go through intense phases of reading Agatha Christie when I was in high school. For a while, I read nothing but Poirot, then nothing but Miss Marple. For some reason, though, I could never get myself interested in reading any of Christie's books with one-shot detectives, or her other regulars, like Parker Pyne or Tommy and Tuppence.

I think that might just change now.

This collection of Tommy and Tuppence Beresford's first cases was a fun, twisty, and interesting read. I really enjoyed the variety of crimes depicted within. The young couple (who are so obviously and adorably in love) solve cases of missing girls, ironclad alibis, spies and treason, and even murder! They do it all with a strapping, gung-ho attitude that is remarkably refreshing when compared to Poirot's cynicism and Marple's shrewdness.

Christie's long works are among the finest mystery novels out there, but I think she truly excelled in the short story form. She piles an immense amount of complexity and intrigue into a few short pages that leave you breathless with brevity and adrenaline.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Partners in Crime.