Leah's Reviews > Knitting Diaries

Knitting Diaries by Debbie Macomber

Apr 11, 11

bookshelves: arcs, author_susan-mallery, netgalley, 4-stars, scars-and-tats-and-piercings-oh-my, happy-slapsgiving, anthology, half-star-ratings, m-f
Recommended to Leah by: NetGalley
Read from March 20 to 21, 2011

THE KNITTING DIARIES - 3.5 STARS

"The Twenty-First Wish" by Debbie Macomber - 3 stars

This is the first thing that I've ever read by Debbie Macomber. I've never really been too interested in reading her books so it was nice to get a little feel of her writing from this novella. I would say that this one is definitely a nice story, but it wasn't really for me. Everything just felt too...neat.

"Coming Unraveled" by Susan Mallery - 5 stars

"Coming Unraveled" is the story of Robyn and T.J., and if sort of a prequel to Mallery's latest, upcoming novel Already Home. It is a very cute story and I'm glad I read it. I always love Mallery's novels/novellas and this was no exception. It is definitely more along the lines of romance than Already Home, which is women's fiction.

"Return to Summer Island" by Christina Skye - 2.5 stars

This story started out dumb. Very dumb. First, Caro and Gage tell their life stories to each other after knowing each other for approximately twenty minutes. Huh. Yes, I can definitely see that happening. Then, they make-out after knowing each other for about an hour and a half. Very sensible. However, notice that I said it started out dumb. I actually did like it by the end and found it to be very sweet. Although that might have a lot to do with the adorable animals, Bogart and Bacall.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Knitting Diaries.

03/20/2011 page 1
0.0% "At the moment, I am only reading this for the Susan Mallery novella." 2 comments
03/20/2011 page 15
4.0% "Changed my mind, I'll be starting at the beginning with the Debbie Macomber novella."
03/20/2011 page 92
23.0% "This story is extraordinarily frustrating."
03/21/2011 page 288
83.0% "This story is so dumb. Do people really going around telling their life story to people that they've known approximately 20 minutes? Somehow, I don't think so."
03/21/2011 page 294
85.0% "Yes, I can see how it would be a good idea to make out with someone that you've known approximately an hour and a half. Sounds extremely sensible." 2 comments
show 1 hidden update…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Leah Thank you. I'm just glad that it turned out to be less dumb by the end. Otherwise it would have gotten a .5-1 star!

Leah LMFAO! I'm sure you were. As I'm sure you know, I am doing the rolling my eyes and smiling at you thing. LOL

Leah Yeah...of course! LMAO

Mollie *scoutrmom* The twenty-First Wish is a part of the Blossom Street series, which is more about women's friendships than romance in my opinion. Thanks for the heads up.

Leah I realized that after I read it, LOL. But it is definitely more about the friendships than the romance. No problemo :)