Aimee's Reviews > Bound

Bound by Sally Cabot Gunning

Mar 25, 11

Read from March 20 to 25, 2011

The story was interesting and I wanted to find out what next. It was gloomier than I like in a story and hard to read at times but that was because of the subject matter. I felt for Alice and her position. At times I admired her courage but at other times aggravated by her behavior especially to those who cared about her. She didn't make sense to me at times. But considering all she had been through it's understandable her view of others and situations would be skewed.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bound.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Meegan McCorkle Hey Aimee, I agree with your frustration with Alice. It was really hard to see her turning her back on the widow and the lawyer when they just wanted to help. Did you go to the book group discussion?

Aimee No, I wasn't able to go. I had strep throat. I really wanted to though. I was interested to hear everyone's take on this book. Are you still able to attend the meetings? I know you leave soon. I hope to go to the next one but I haven't heard yet when it is.

Meegan McCorkle I just emailed Amy because I haven't heard either. I'm hoping to go to the May meeting; I think that's the last one before fall. I'll let you know if I hear back.