Diana's Reviews > Scandal in Spring

Scandal in Spring by Lisa Kleypas
Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Scandal in Spring.

Quotes Diana Liked

Lisa Kleypas
“Daisy had known the novel was silly even as she had read it, but that had not detracted one bit from her enjoyment.”

Lisa Kleypas
“Most lives are not distinguished by great achievements. They are measured by an infinite number of small ones. Each time you do a kindness for someone or bring a smile to his face, it gives your life meaning. Never doubt your value, little friend. The world would be a dismal place without you in it. (tweaked version of a passage from Scandal in Spring)”

Lisa Kleypas
“Over the years I’ve collected a thousand memories of you, every glimpse, every word you’ve ever said to me. All those visits to your family’s home, those dinners and holidays—I could hardly wait to walk through the front door and see you.” The corners of his mouth quirked with reminiscent amusement. “You, in the middle of that brash, bull-headed lot…I love watching you deal with your family. You’ve always been everything I thought a woman should be. And I have wanted you every second of my life since we first met.”

Lisa Kleypas
“She let a teasing tone enter her voice. 'Is there any emergency for which you are not prepared, Mr Swift?'
'Miss Bowman, if I had enough pockets I could save the world.”

Lisa Kleypas
“Matthew wanted hours, days, weeks alone with her... he wanted all her thoughts and smiles and secrets. The freedom to lay his soul bare before her.”
tags: love

Lisa Kleypas
“Daisy," Westcliff said gently,"most lives are not distinguished by great achievements. They are measured by an infinite number of small ones. Each time you do a kindness for someone or bring a smile to his face, it gives your life meaning. Never doubt your value, little friend. The world would be a dismal place without Daisy Bowman in it.”

Lisa Kleypas
“A book had always been a door to another world... a world much more interesting and fantastical than reality. But she had finally discovered that life could be even more wonderful than fantasy.

And that love could fill the real world with magic.”