Christina Heather's Reviews > Rush of Darkness

Rush of Darkness by Rhyannon Byrd

Apr 10, 2011

bookshelves: read-in-2011
Read from April 08 to 10, 2011

I love this world, and the characters that Rhyannon has created. I am always so eager to get my hands on the next Primal Instict book and it was no different with Rush of Darkness. This series always seems to leave me wanting more. I can't get enough, and man did I enjoy this book.

I wasn't exactly ecstatic to read Seth's book. Even though I was more interested in his and Raine's relationship after the last book, he was never one of my favorites. After reading Rush of Darkness he is right up there with Aiden.

If you are into the "I have a ugly past" type heroe then this is the book for you. Seth and Raine have both gone through things in their past that threatens the relationship that is building between them. Raine is strong vampire/psychic who is set on seeking revenge on those who killed her sister. Seth is a human soldier who has killed too many vampires to count because of an attack on his family that happened when he was a teenager. Though he can't understand it, Seth is drawn to Raine and has made himself her protector. Together they hunt down those who have done Raine wrong, and along the way they realize that this chemistry between them is undeniable.

After reading Rush of Darkness I'm a bit torn...I can't wait for book eight, Rush of Pleasure (which is Noah's book) but it is also the last book in the series. And man, I love this series. I guess I will just have to turn to the Granger brothers and their new series!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rush of Darkness.

04/09/2011 page 115