Judi's Reviews > Her Singapore Fling

Her Singapore Fling by Kelly Hunter

Mar 21, 11

bookshelves: 2011, march, contemporary-romance, harlequin-presents, favorites
Read on March 20, 2011

This may well be the best category romance I have ever read! I LOVED Her Singapore Fling.

I don’t read a lot of category romance mostly because I find the names of the books sooooo contrived and frankly it turns me off buying these books. I will pick up the occasional category romance by one of my favorite authors like a Blaze by Jill Shalvis or Lisa Renee Jones or an Intrigue by HelenKay Dimon or a Super Romance by Sarah Mayberry but I’ve never read a Harlequin Presents Extra - and my question is WHY THE HELL NOT!!!!!! I couldn’t believe how good this book was and in fact I goggled Harlequin Presents Extra to see what the requirements were for this genre and not surprisingly - it is everything I am looking for in a great book.

I’m not sure what prompted me to purchase this book. The name reminded me of a particularly delicious fruity drink, the cover was suggestive and seductive and the back cover blurb definitely caught my attention. I devoured this book in one day. I know it’s no War and Peace but the fact that once I started Her Singapore Fling that I wanted to finish it immediately speaks volumes about just how much I enjoyed it.

Yes this book is part of a series by Kelly Hunter and although I joined in the series at the end, I don’t feel I missed any pertinent info regarding the Bennett family dynamics. The author doesn’t do a lot if any backloading of the previous siblings and I do plan to make the acquaintance of the entire Bennett family and read Hunter’s other books in the series. I can only imagine they are as good as this one was. Kelly Hunter just went on my auto-buy author list.

Jake Bennett, world class black belt champion, owner of his own Dojo, is the oldest sibling of the Bennett clan and I could tell immediately that he was all about family first and his siblings are just as loyal to him. He cared for, helped raise and is totally 1000% dedicated to his brothers, sister and his extended family including his young street-smart and wise beyond his young years apprentice Po.

Twelve years ago his family dedication and his desire to become a world class athlete contributed to the not-so-end of his marriage to his not-so ex-wife Jianne. I say not so because they never ever divorced. The fact that neither one sought out a divorce speaks to their deep abiding love for one another. Money (hers not his) and cultural differences also played a contributing factor, but the fact is that 12 years later when Jake and Jianne meet up again the sparks are still blazing bright and strong and hot.

The setting is exotic (Singapore), the story is full of sexual tension (not quite so ex‘s), suspense and danger (a very persistent stalker) and the result is an excellent and entertaining story that doesn’t drag or let up for one minute.

There are just so many good things about this book. I will be checking out more from Kelly Hunter and definitely checking out future titles from the Harlequin Presents Extra line!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Her Singapore Fling.

03/20/2011
20.0% "Really enjoying this book so far!"
03/20/2011
85.0% "This is an awesome book with a great story so far. I'm loving it!"

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Beth It is definitely one of the best ever!

Judi I was literally shocked over how good this book was. Very nice surprise! I just finished another book that I was so surprised by how good it was and for .99 cents on Amazon it was a steal!