Ferdy's Reviews > Awaken

Nov 05, 2012

it was ok
bookshelves: daddy-issues-mummy-issues, dystopian
Read in February, 2011

A dystopian novel, set in the year 2060 - people no longer socialize face to face, everything is done online including school, leaving friendships hollow and unsatisfying.
Maddie is working her way through digital school, and only has online friends, like most teenagers she rarely interacts with anyone in person and that's just the way she likes it. Until she meets Justin who persuades her to join a study group that meets face to face. Naturally because Justin is so 'hawt' she wuvs him straight away, he shows her the light and just like that she's no longer happy with how she's living her life.
Maddie was the typical boring cow and Justin was the cliched know it all love interest. The story line was boring and unoriginal, the characters were dull and forgettable and the romance was rubbish.
I wouldn't recommend this to anyone — it added nothing to the genre and I forgot about it pretty much straight away.

2 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Awaken.

message 1: by snowplum (new)

snowplum (coming late to this party)

Ferdy snowplum wrote: "yes, ferdy, but don't you see the cover? it doesn't have to be good if it looks like this. ;)"

Heh, I have to admit the cover was what drew me to it in the first place, it was so prettyful. I'm not quite as cover obsessed as I used to be but I still love a nice looking cover :)