Amy A's Reviews > Queen of Song and Souls

Queen of Song and Souls by C.L. Wilson

F 50x66
Jun 22, 11

Read from June 18 to 22, 2011, read count: 1

This is the fourth book in the Tairen Soul series. And like the others it picks up right where the previous book left off. This series is best if read back-to-back CL Wilson is not one to go back and recap events that happeneing in the previous books, but I can't fault her for that. Usually recapping slows a story down.

Queen of Song and Souls finds our characters in the middle of an ever growing war started nin King of Sword and Sky. While I really like the seris and I can't wait to see how the series ends and it will probably be a series I read over again, this entry just seemed a little stagnant.

I felt like there was a lot of stuff going on. Stuff going on at Celeria, in the Fading Mists, in Elderia, etc. but the furthering of the story is very little. A lot of things deal with the characters discovering things that we, the reader, already know and is just now being brought to the character's attention (i.e. Elysetta's parents). If I had known this was going to be the case I would say that we should have discovered these thruth along with the characters. This book just sweemed to hold the place of where the previous book was leading waiting for the next book to move forward.

Despite that I did really enjoy this book. I found myself just reading and reading and when I would stop I discovered I had read much further than I had intended in a sitting. I like being in this world. It's very realized and detailed. I really liked the forest detail of the Elf world that we are introduced to for the first time.

We do get a little glimpse of what is in store for Elysetta and Rain, but honestly it's just a little tidbit and nothing of real significance. I guess we should all be happy that the next book is the final in the series and all of our questions will be answered. Until Then!
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Queen of Song and Souls.

06/20/2011 page 135
35.0% "A little difficult getting back into this world. It's been awhile since I had read the 3rd book. But so far it's pretty fast paced. Sometimes I wish there would be faster resolution to who new characters are or what their ultimate plans are, but there's only one more book to read in the series after this one so I guess I can wait!"
06/21/2011 page 247
63.0% "Just thinking of how I'm a little more than halfway through this book and a lot has happened yet at the same time not much has happened. How is this possible?"