Gardavson's Reviews > Shadowfever

1948060
Mar 20, 2011

bookshelves: at-the-library, fantasy-romance, paranormal, favorites, 5-star
Read from March 23 to 25, 2011

Good glory in the morning! I believe this book, or perhaps the whole series, has something of the Sinsar Dubh in it. I didn't inhale it, it inhaled me. Totally owned me from beginning to end. I read it while eating, I read it standing in line. I carried it everywhere. I thought about it pretty heavily as it sat next to me at each and every red light - wondering how much I could take in before the light changed. It consumed me and now I've awaken to find that it is after midnight, my house looks like a tornado hit it, and dishes are stacked to the ceiling. It was just that good.

I'm not even sure I can talk about it, in specifics. There's nothing to point out individually. It was an absolute whole. Complete. I liked the resolution. I liked the journey getting there. While the last book was too dark for me, I felt this one was perfectly balanced. I don't get why the Hunter was able to do what it did at the end. Maybe it was alluded to and I missed it or forgot it, but whatever. That, minor detail, is the only fly in the soup I could find, and that is small and completely overshadowed by the book as a whole.

So, what do I do now? Something light, for sure. I have work to catch up on!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shadowfever.