Creature's Reviews > City of the Dead

U_50x66
Mar 20, 11

Read in March, 2011

Greeting fellow Bibliophiles:
What can I say, I love a good Horror book and "City of the Dead" is a real page turner. I think I devoured this book in only about 6 days which for me is quick reading.
It is the story of a father and son (Jim and Danny) thrown into a horrible situation with a few rag-tag survivors of a world gone mad and crawling with what appears to be an army of the undead. Where to go? Is there anyplace that is safe? These are the questions that there can be no simple solution to in Brian Keene's frightful novel.
Though I really liked this story (the first two chapyers were creepy and a little scary to boot) and how smoothly and quickly it moved along, I also felt a tinge of disappointment at the same time. For the creatures hunting down mankind, though undead, are not truly zombies in my book. What they are you'll have to figure out yourself by reading this well-plotted tale.
I liked it but only gave it three stars and "Two Screams" on the Creature Scale. Go out and get a copy. It is a real page-turner.
Have a Great Day!!!
The "Creature"

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read City of the Dead.