Tanya's Reviews > House

Recommended to Tanya by: Myself - because I'm stupid
Recommended for: no one
Read from April 16 to 24, 2011 — I own a copy, read count: 1

Ugh!
When I read the back of this book, it had such potential. I thought it was going to be super creepy. Unbeknown to me though, I had never read either of these authors, and honestly it was a big long religious package... mixed with horrible writing. It's a collaboration between two authors and it's like when you were in school and a teacher would have you start a story and pass it on to someone next to you. You didn't know the characters, or anything, you just had to move on the plot; and they NEVER turned out well... yeah that's pretty much what this was. The scenes didn't fit together. The characters changed dramatically. Oh, and you really didn't care if any (or all) of them winded up victims of Tin Man. Ugh... I wish I could give no stars.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read House.

04/16/2011 page 15
04/17/2011 page 77
19.0% "Wow, this book is poorly written."
04/22/2011 page 257
64.0% "I'm so confused. The book is pretty much awful."

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Naomi (new)

Naomi Gee, Tanya..tell us how you really feel! I am trying to figure out if I read this..it sounds so familiar

Beth OH WOW. IM SHOCKED

Tanya Naomi wrote: "Gee, Tanya..tell us how you really feel! I am trying to figure out if I read this..it sounds so familiar"

Haha, yeah I guess that's a little harsh, but boy was that book terrible... and just so random. Not scary at all, just kind of gross in some places.

message 4: by Naomi (new)

Naomi I am telling you..i really think I read this..Have you read anything else by Ted Dekker...

Tanya Naomi wrote: "I am telling you..i really think I read this..Have you read anything else by Ted Dekker..."

I'm sorry if you have read it. lol.
And no, I've never read anything else by Ted Dekker, probably never will.

message 6: by Naomi (new)

Naomi I read a couple of his books...BoneMan's Daughters and The Bride Collector and liked them..I am always nervous when I see Christian writer because it either comes off as not preachy or I feel like I am reading a sermon(which is a turn off for me)..these def. were not preachy and kind of twisted, so I still go in with trepidation but am willing to continue to read his works

Michael Logan So I wonder what you will get when two Christian authors collaborate to make a book. Maybe it will be Christian? Just maybe.

Tanya Oh Michael I have nothing against Christian authors (though honestly I didn't know who these authors were prior), but this was a steaming pile of stupid.

message 9: by Naomi (new)

Naomi Michael wrote: "So I wonder what you will get when two Christian authors collaborate to make a book. Maybe it will be Christian? Just maybe."

Because Christian authors collaborate on a book doesn't mean that it needs to come off that way. I don't need to be preached to or "sermonized" in the books that I choose to read. Colleen Cobleis DYNAMIC in conveying Christian teachings without waying it down with scripture or using Christian "code words" constantly.