Colleen (NerdyWoman) Kayter's Reviews > Harmony's Way

Harmony's Way by Lora Leigh

Feb 18, 08

bookshelves: erotic-romance, fantasy-paranormal, lora-leigh
Read in February, 2008

Lora Leigh has consistently delivered page-turning drama and suspense with the Breeds series and Harmony's Way is one that will 'haunt' me (see my profile for my star-rating descriptions).

The hero, Lance Jacobs, was introduced in Megan's Mark but he is revealed in Harmony's Way as a dominant alpha male, possessive and protective.

The heroine, Harmony Lancaster, is very much a study in contrasts. From the beginning, she reveals a feminine side in that she polishes her toenails, yet there is nothing else soft and feminine about Harmony. She was trained to kill and that's what she does. What sets her above the Genetic Council is that she has better motives for killing. Nonetheless, coming to terms with mating and the emotional involvement that results is interwoven with the story throughout the book. Leigh does this better than most. There are no epiphanies in which Harmony suddenly accepts her feminine and emotional side.

But what really earned the 5-star rating from me is that I found myself crying and reading as fast as I could to find out the outcome. It's seldom that the "happily ever after" ending is not assured throughout the story. After reading several Breeds books, one becomes comfortable with the idea that the mating really bonds the couple for life. Harmony's Way gives readers a chance to consider what happens when a mate has to go on without their mate.

There is a lot of back story that is not well explained in Harmony's Way so if you're not familiar with Lora Leigh's Breeds, I recommend starting with Tempting the Beast. You can skip some of the others in between, but that first book really gives the best background. You can check the full list of Breeds and the chronology at Lora Leigh's website.
7 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Harmony's Way.