◕ ◡ ◕ Arooj 's Reviews > Wings of the Wicked

Apr 19, 12

bookshelves: books-i-fell-hard-for, favorites, kickass-protagonists
Read from April 16 to 19, 2012

A-freakin'-mazing!
With a deadly cliffhanger.

The Good
- Great continuation of the story. I thought this book would be just full of action and not much development, but there were a lot of things revealed. Some pretty shocking things.

- As for the action, again, it was kick-ass! Very intense and scary as well. It was almost as if I were there myself, battling the demonic reapers alongside Will and Ellie

- Favorite part has got to be the climax (view spoiler). Holy hot fudge, it was amazing! I was just waiting for something really intense to happen, and it did not disappoint.

The Bad
- I didn’t really like how Ellie kept trying to do all the typical teenage stuff while battling the demons. Not to sound insensitive or anything, but the parties, shopping and the emotional stuff didn’t fit in with the whole plot. It felt like one of those teen TV shows where the teenagers manage to do all the teen stuff while battling supernatural creatures. Get what I mean? It’s kind of clichéd. I thought this book would be, I don’t know, darker or something. More serious. Not that it already isn’t. Basically what I mean is, I was more interested in the action and the reapers rather than Ellie’s typical teen problems.

The In-Betweens
- Not sure if I’m a fan of the love triangle here. Just don’t see how it benefits the storyline. Cadan has feelings for Ellie, and yeah, that sort of was a big factor in what happened, but I don’t think it’ll have a huge affect later on in the series, unless it’s there just to create romantic tension. Guess I’ll have to wait and see.

The Characters
- Ellie goes through an emotional breakdown and her confidence really wavers. At first I was really disappointed in her and some of the choices she made, but at least she knew what she did wrong. She also loses someone close to her, yet she manages to stay strong. She’s still pretty badass though.

- Oh, Will. I love you. That is all. After learning more about him and his past, I feel so sad for him. He’s was so conflicted and kept everything inside. But he also loosens up and we see more of his fun, playful side, which I really liked.

- I wanted to see much more of Cadan, but I guess it was enough. His role in the book is sort of predictable; the guy in the love triangle who’s the enemy yet loves the main girl and will defy anyone for her. Kind of wished he was a bit different. But I still like him.

Recommended?
For sure! Wings of the Wicked is an insane continuation of this series, and I’m sure all the fans will love it. I mean, how can you dislike Will kicking some demonic reaper ass? You just can’t.

Like I said, DEADLY cliffhanger. ARGH. Can’t believe I have to wait so long for the next book.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wings of the Wicked.

04/16/2012 page 41
8.0% "Man, Will makes an ordinary thing like eating ice cream incredibly sexy. I want some now. I meant ice cream. Yeah."
04/17/2012 page 275
53.0% "Holy hot fudge 0.0"
show 2 hidden updates…