Stephanie's Reviews > The Vampire Relationship Guide: Meeting & Mating

The Vampire Relationship Guide by Evelyn Lafont

Apr 05, 11

Read from March 28 to 31, 2011

There are two things you need to know about The Vampire Relationship Guide Vol 1. First, it is a novella, so it is the perfect afternoon read. Second, The snarky wit and humor Evelyn Lafont uses will leave you gasping for more. I didn’t know what to expect when I started this book, but I can assure you it is 90 pages of pure fun!

Josie is a girl desperate to date a vampire. She knows very little about them except that they are red hot sexy. This can lead to unexpected consequences, since we all know that vampires and sexy men are usually not all that they seem. She is a balls-to-the-walls, foul-mouthed, fly-by-the-seat-of-her-pants kind of gal. This took me by surprise, but I found it incredibly refreshing. In a fictional world of trembling maidens, unsure female leads, and heroines that need to be guided, Josie is like cotton candy for the mind. You might not want it for every meal, but it sure hits the spot.

Small spoiler: I don’t completely understand the reasoning behind the plot on Josie’s life. The scheme seemed not well thought out on the apprehender’s part, nor well executed. It seemed to be rushed as an explanation to tie up the book. This was the only part of VRG1 that I felt didn’t flow. The rest of the book felt very fluid.

Conclusion:
VRG1 hooks you deeply. Fast paced and entertaining, it leaves you wanting more after the last page. I definitely recommend checking it out.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Vampire Relationship Guide.

03/31/2011 page 15