Anila's Reviews > All You Desire

All You Desire by Kirsten Miller

Mar 19, 11

bookshelves: not-with-a-ten-foot-pole

No, no, no, no. Several reasons why NO:
1. Beau was the only halfway-interesting character in the first one. Don't reduce him to a plot device.
2. Why why why does this book already have a publication date (albeit tentative) when the third book of the Kiki Strike series- IMO, Miller's better work and more longstanding- barely gets a publication year and has no blurb?
3. And of course, they have to go back to NY so that we can get more poorly constructed love triangle. What do you want to bet Rome only merits a chapter or two? (Seriously. Rome is cool. More plot should take place there, if you ask me.)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read All You Desire.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kirsten (new)

Kirsten Miller I'm finishing the third Kiki Strike book, The Darkness Dwellers, right now. (Hopefully in the next couple of days.) The publisher probably won't set a release date until they have a look at the first draft. But I'm hoping K3 will be out either late this year or early next year. I'll post a synopsis on my blog when I'm given the go-ahead.

As for All You Desire, I'm not sure a blurb can ever capture the essence of a novel. Beau is my favorite character, and I hope I haven't reduced him to a plot device. But I look forward to reading everyone's thoughts on the subject when the book comes out this summer!

message 2: by Anila (new) - added it

Anila Thank you for your comment, Kirsten. I can't tell you how much I look forward to The Darkness Dwellers, and I'll keep an eye out for that synopsis!

As for this series, while I agree that blurbs don't truly capture novels the way they deserve, this one still puts me off. I have several friends who are going to read it, though, and I eagerly await their reviews. Hopefully they'll enjoy it!