Tammy Doherty's Reviews > Sizzling Sixteen

Sizzling Sixteen by Janet Evanovich

Mar 19, 11

Read from March 15 to 18, 2011

Another wonderful Stephanie Plum novel. It's amazing that Janet Evanovich can keep all the same characters going over this many books, keeping them fresh and true-to-themselves. Although, I'm starting to see that Lula and Grandma Mazur have a lot in common .

In "Sizzling Sixteen", Stephanie and Lula are up to their usual "barely getting the job done" tricks, with all sorts of twists in the plot. That there will be twists is expected - nothing ever seems to go smoothly for poor Stephanie. The way the twists play out is, as always, unexpected. Like a cattle stampede in Trenton, NJ! Okay, that might be considered a spoiler, but not really.

One nice addition to the usual zany high jinks is that Ms. Evanovich has racheted-up Stephanie's love life dilemma. On the one hand, she's got Morelli who can't stay away even though they are currently "on a break." They have agreed to see other people, but neither is doing that. On the other hand is Ranger. 'Nuff said! Oh, but he's got a surprise in store for readers of this novel. Stephanie loves them both - but who does she love more? How can a girl possibly choose between these two men? I don't envy her!

After 16 rounds with the characters in this series, you'd think I would be content. Nope. I'm eager for #17 - hoping before it's all done that Stephanie Plum will choose between Ranger and Morelli. And that nothing truly bad ever happens to Grandma Mazur.

If you've never read this series, don't start here. I recommend the the Stephanie Plum series to anyone who likes a fun, easy to read novel with some mystery/suspense, a healthy dose of romance without mush, and a set of characters who are as quirky and messed up as most of us in the real world.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sizzling Sixteen.