Meg's Reviews > Spying in High Heels

Spying in High Heels by Gemma Halliday

Mar 19, 11

bookshelves: mystery
Read in March, 2011

** spoiler alert ** I read this on my nook. It must have been either free or pretty cheap because it is not something I would buy normally, or at all in a book form. I am not much on fashion or anything so a lot of the words/brands named went above me when it came to her wardrobe.

The beginning of the story didn't really catch me and the main character, although quite a unique and clearly that character's voice, was getting on my nerves but as the story progressed and got more complicated, I found myself wanting to read on and find out the truth of the case. The obsession of Maddie and her belief that Richard couldn't possibly be guilty despite the whole situation and that she couldn't just take the pregnancy test seriously annoyed me but I suppose it was important for the story.

My favorite part of this book was the secondary characters; Dana, Mom, Detective (who really in my opinion was a secondary character despite being the love/lust interest). Much more interesting that the materialistic protagonist.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Spying in High Heels.