Patti's Reviews > Sing Me to Sleep

Sing Me to Sleep by Angela Morrison

May 14, 2011

Read from May 09 to 14, 2011

I can't sing for crap. So why on earth would I read this? A couple of people from a group I belong to recommended it. I will never be able to thank them enough. First of all, I don't cry in movies, I cry in books. Hell I cried in White Fang. But that was nothing compared to this. This hits you right at the end, leaving you heartbroken and sort of unsatisfied. Damn Angela Morrison.
For the better part of the book, I couldn't decide if this was an abusive relationship. Beth gets separated from her friend and is dependent on Derek. In fact, I think it was. But that was all part of the trick. Morrison was a genius. A slightly unlikable guy shows his true vulnerabilities and within the last two chapters, it's gone! And all he wanted was a chance for someone to love him for him and not pity his condition. Beth was a character I fell in love with. She can never shake the thought that she is the Beast, even when she is transformed into Beauty. She went from living for the music and hiding from herself, to living for life and the promise to someone else and embracing the lessons she learned, however depressing they may be. This book deserved five stars and more. Read with tissues in hand.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sing Me to Sleep.