Colleen Earle's Reviews > The Book of Three

The Book of Three by Lloyd Alexander

Jul 11, 13

bookshelves: from-library, fantasy, ya, i-own
Read from July 09 to 11, 2013 — I own a copy

Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Book of Three.

Quotes Colleen Liked

Lloyd Alexander
“Most of us are called on to perform tasks far beyond what we can do. Our capabilities seldom match our aspirations, and we are often woefully unprepared. To this extent, we are all Assistant Pig-Keepers at heart.”

Lloyd Alexander
“In some cases we learn more by looking for the answer to a question and not finding it than we do from learning the answer itself.”

Lloyd Alexander
“By all means," cried the bard, his eyes lighting up. "A Fflam to the rescue! Storm the castle! Carry it by assault! Batter down the gates!"
"There's not much of it left to storm," said Eilonwy.
"Oh?" said Fflewddur, with disappointment. "Very well, we shall do the best we can.”

Lloyd Alexander
“I'm trying to make myself invisible."

"That's an odd thing to attempt.”

Lloyd Alexander
“You know how chickens are, imagining the world coming to an end one moment, then pecking corn the next.”

Lloyd Alexander
“Are you slow-witted? I'm so sorry for you. It's terrible to be dull and stupid.”

Lloyd Alexander
“She was the most confusing person he had ever met”

Lloyd Alexander
“Do you not believe that animals know grief and fear and pain? The world of men is not an easy one for them.”

Lloyd Alexander
“I can't stand people who say 'I told you so.' That's worse than somebody coming up and eating your dinner before you have a chance to sit down.”

07/11/2013 marked as: currently-reading