Mollie *scoutrmom*'s Reviews > Quicksilver

Quicksilver by Amanda Quick

Apr 21, 2011

bookshelves: paranormal, romance, read-in-2011
Recommended for: Fans of paranormal historical romance
Read on April 20, 2011 — I own a copy , read count: 1

This book is not quite as good as the rest in the series. The characters are fantastic, the settings as good as usual, but I was a bit disappointed in the denoument. The villain is identified at the last minute, and is not hinted at before that point. We are given his thoughts, but no clue to his identity. No reader could say, "I thought it was him" because he wasn't one of those previously discussed by name by the sleuths.

Other than that, I thought the exposition of the plot was excellent. The sex scenes were a bit more frequent, explicit, and longer than in her earlier stories in the Victorian Arcane Society series, as if an editor had told her to ramp it up a bit. I didn't mind at all. I thought they were still tasteful and well done. The heroine's reactions to the hero's actions do not match his intent, which makes for more interest.

I liked that the guys in the story were normal in that though they possess some paranormal qualities, that doesn't make them any less clueless than modern guys.

I'll read this one again and again.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Quicksilver.