kari's Reviews > Afterlife

Mar 19, 2011

liked it
bookshelves: 2011, ya
Read in March, 2011

A good ending to the series which unfortunately still leaves lots of loose ends. So is this really the end? I'm not so sure.
I was just a bit disappointed in the overall ending. I wanted Charity to be finally dealt with and I didn't feel that Balthazar's action regarding her was really enough. Perhaps this will be addressed in the books about Balthazar?
I would have liked more about the surrounding characters and what happens next. Maybe that's the point. In life, you don't get to know what happens next.
The fate of Mrs. Bethany surprisingly brought tears to my eyes, in a good way. Gray was able to bring out the "humanity" in the vampire schoolmistress in ways that were sad and added more dimension to her character.
The wraith world is well done and Bianca learning about her new abilities was well done. I wasn't really happy where she and Lucas were left, but it did feel correct with the rest of the story. Nah, really I wanted her to be...... can't say without a spoiler.
I would definitely recommend this series and will read future books by Claudia Gray.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Afterlife.