Sidna 's Reviews > Echo Park

Echo Park by Michael Connelly

F 50x66
Mar 19, 2011

Read in March, 2011

Another great Harry Bosch case with all the usual twists and turns. You never know what is going to happen until it happens. Michael Connelly's writing is second only to Pat Conroy's as far as I am concerned, which is really high praise.

I've been trying to read the series in order, but this is the next to the last one. I read the last one first. I'm disappointed that Harry is no longer with Sylvia in this book. He hooks up with woman with whom he had an earlier relationship. As much as I love Connelly's writing, he falls into the same pattern that many male writers fall into, the male main character has women throwing themselves at him. All of the sex is initiated by various women and the man goes along with it. I think in real life, you have a lot more men than women initiating sex.

I've read so many books for book discussion groups that I had to force myself to read and could barely get through. It is so great to read a book that holds my attention and that I can hardly put down. As I am reading the early books in the series, my mind leaps ahead to things I know from the final two books. I'm going to go back and read some of them again. I almost never read a book for the second time, especially a mystery book, but I feel like Harry and some of the other recurring characters are people I know.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Echo Park.