Rose's Reviews > The Map of Time

The Map of Time by Félix J. Palma

Mar 30, 11

bookshelves: science-fiction, steampunk, time-travel
Read from March 22 to 30, 2011

Interesting read. I recieved the ARC, saw the booked starred, HG Wells, John Merrick with appearances from Jack the Ripper, Brom SToker, a victorian setting, with real characters thrown in the mix and a little time-travelling sounded like the perfect mixture for a romping good read. Not to mention a beautiful cover and is so enticing one just has to pick it up.

This huge book at 600 + pages is really three stories that all slightly weave together and the last one being the most interesting of all ties them all up. It's basically 2 love stories and one mystery.

The common string is time-travel and HG Wells throughout the book. However there are many rug pulling twists that I was not very pleased about and found this book to be tedious, over-long and not what it claimed to be. I cannot review too much of the storyline without giving away secretive plotlines so without further ado, I will say that this was a bit of a disappointment. I could not get into any of the external characters surrounding HG Wells as they were not memorable to terribly likeable. The stories would go on so long, I was hardpressed to remember who they were by the end the book which was to tie up their storylines. The only part I truely enjoyed was John Merrick, who unfortuantely is in the story only but a moment.

To each his own. Many people seemed to really enjoy this book. For me, I just couldn't wait to be done as it went on and on and on far too long.

1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Map of Time.

03/27/2011 page 300
49.0% "So far met HG Wells, John Merrick and Jack the Ripper. Interesting tale."

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Juliet (new)

Juliet Doubledee This sounds like a good book to read... I loved H.G. Wells and Jules Verne stories a a kid.

Rose So far, it's pretty good, but have a long way to go. Review should be up by Tuesday. Hopefully.