Hope Rozenboom's Reviews > Forgotten God: Reversing Our Tragic Neglect of the Holy Spirit

Forgotten God by Francis Chan

Mar 19, 11

Read in March, 2011

In this book, Chan seeks to remind (mainly American) Christians about the person of the Trinity that our churches have largely forgotten or ignored, the Holy Spirit. This book is solidly based in Scripture. He says his purpose is not to find a "moderate" between the two extreme views of the Holy Spirit--because that would be to suggest that one can have too much of God. We should not seek to be "moderately" filled with the Holy Spirit, but totally and completely filled. HOWEVER, Chan does not ignore the fact that many "Spirit-filled" churches have disobeyed the command to "test the spirits" in effort to avoid breaking the command not to "put out the Spirit's fire". He advocates a theology (and experience!) of the Holy Spirit grounded in what the Scriptures teach.

Some challenging stuff. One thing I really appreciated about this book is at the end of each chapter, he includes a short biography of a Spirit-filled person.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Forgotten God.