Bird's Reviews > Iron Crowned

Iron Crowned by Richelle Mead

Mar 21, 11

bookshelves: ebooks, paranormal, read-in-2011, saucy
Read from March 18 to 20, 2011

My first thought after finishing this book? MEN ARE JERKS. Every man in Eugenie's life (Roland, Kiyo, Dorian) puts themselves before her, even while claiming to love her. Blech.

I thought I couldn't like Kiyo less after the shit he pulled in book #2 following Eugenie's rape...well, I stand corrected. My chin damn near hit the floor during the last few chapters, and I was almost shouting, "Oh no he didn't!"

And Dorian. Sigh. I've always rooted for Dorian, even though it was obvious he had some ulterior motives. I thought his love for her was stronger than his desire for power, but now I'm not so sure.

And how the hell can Roland essentially abandon his own daughter just because he doesn't agree with the life choices she's made?!

But the most frustrating thing...the next (and final! *sob*) book won't be out until January 2012! 10 long months. Groan. Really, I don't know how I'll make it! I should have held off on reading these until the last book was out - patience is a trait I'm sorely lacking.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Iron Crowned.