Corinna's Reviews > The Return of Meteor Boy?

The Return of Meteor Boy? by William Boniface

Mar 24, 11

Read from March 18 to 24, 2011

What a great read! We brought this book on spring break with us and my kids would ask for me to read it aloud all the time whenever we had waiting to do - for a restaurant, a bus, a show, whatever. They often prefer their DS or iPod for these times, but not when there was Ordinary Boy to be read aloud! My 7 year old would page through the book on his own and would beg me to read ahead even when his brother wasn't around. My 12 year old would read ahead on his own sometimes, too!

I won't give a summary of the events of this book, but the clever story kept me and my kids riveted, the characters are interesting and often surprising, and while the "science" involved was dubious, my kids (ages 7 and 12) were able to follow along with it. The humor was also effective and enjoyed by all three of us. My older son enjoyed the use of language and puns (especially related to Lord Pincushion) as well.

This is definitely a case in which the sequel is even stronger than the original book. It definitely builds on the first book, too. We are looking forward to what else is in store for Ordinary Boy, and hope this will be a series with many more excellent installments.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Return of Meteor Boy?.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Corinna We are loving this book so far. The kids keep mentioning it during the day, the book cracks us up on a regular basis as we are reading it, I could not ask for more. J would rather hear a few pages of this than play on the ipod if we have a few minutes to wait!