Dreamergirl's Reviews > Breaking Up

U 50x66
Mar 28, 2011

it was ok
bookshelves: romance-grades-6th-9th

I got this book out of the library because it was by one of my many favorite authors, Aimee Friedman. But I can't say this book was something that I "really liked". Some things disturbed me-a lot. But it was nice that the graphics showed life of normal girls in good detail. The characters were great here(even though I mostly didn't agree with all of them). But that didn't pull me into the story mostly because the plot was very annoying. I thought from the covers, "Breaking Up", that it was going to be this romantic gooey story and I wouldn't have minded, but some of the girls actions were mindless and foolish, something I'd never do in my life. I was very disappointed with this book and it lowered my "respect" bar for Aimee Friedman. There was really too much making out for a graphic novel,and I'm not a freak, I even liked her "Sea Change" because 1) it was well written, 2) the story was pretty awesome, and 3)even though there were some romantic scenes she didn't make it into a big deal like in this book for example. The story was obviously more important to her in Sea Change, but here I don't even remember what the story was, I think she thought about putting in some trashy stuff and sealing the envelope to make some money. It's fine, it's not like I hate her forever because of it but I wouldn't recommend.

Interest level: Very low
Reading level: Very easy

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Breaking Up.