Ashley - The Bookish Brunette's Reviews > The Madness of Lord Ian MacKenzie

The Madness of Lord Ian MacKenzie by Jennifer Ashley

Jun 15, 12

bookshelves: 2009-release, historical-romance
Read from April 13 to 20, 2012

I have a confession… an admission of sorts. I LOVE romance… more specifically- YA contemporary romance… erotic romance AND historical romance with lots of smexy goodness thrown in… that’s right, THE Zombie Queen herself- a complete sucker for a good, sappy love story!

I’ve wanted to read The Madness of Lord Ian Mackenzie for MONTHS… but because of other reading obligations- I never did! *sigh* Having never have read anything by Jennifer Ashley before this, I was especially intrigued! A mad Lord? Bring it on baby!!

Lord Ian Mackenzie tries to warn the beautiful, widow Beth Ackerley away from the perversions of Sir Lyndon Mather and then almost immediately proposes they get married as a way for her to escape him. She is then almost certain that the rumors of Lord Ian’s madness are VERY true!

“You make no sense, my lord. If you don’t care about my fortune or whether I love you, why on earth do you wish to marry me?”
“Because I want to bed you.”
Beth knew in that instant that she was not a true lady, and never would be.

Right? My kinda chick dude!!! Come to find out, the rumors of Lyndon’s debauchery are entirely TRUE. Beth PROMPTLY breaks their engagement and rushes off to Paris… and Lord Ian follows her. Awww…

I will admit this book sort of dragged toward the middle for me, and it turns out there’s QUITE a scandal happening among the MacKenzie clan! Throw in a murder/mystery (which usually isn’t my thing…), Ian having spent so many years in the asylum for being INSANELY intelligent and a really sweet romance to top it all off! This may not have ended up being my FAVORITE historical romance, but it’s definitely a great read!

I cannot WAIT to read the next installment though! Ian’s brother, Mac was an extremely interesting character! Lady Isabella and Mac have been… “separated” for FAR too long! I’m simply dying to find out how he wins her back in Lady Isabella’s Scandalous Marriage (Highland Pleasures, #2)!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Madness of Lord Ian MacKenzie.

Ashley - The Bookish Brunette I've wanted to read it forever!!!!!

Ashley - The Bookish Brunette RIGHT?!?! I'll start yelling... You'll hear! LMAO

Lara After reading your review I picked this up last night and have already read half way through; it's hard to put down. If I didn't have to work I'd be done. ;)Love it!

Ashley - The Bookish Brunette Barbara wrote: "So it was good? I just read the last book in the series and it was awesome too."

I liked it!! I want to read the second!! lol

Ashley - The Bookish Brunette Lara wrote: "After reading your review I picked this up last night and have already read half way through; it's hard to put down. If I didn't have to work I'd be done. ;)Love it!"

YAY!!! <3