West Region,'s Reviews > Re-Gifters

U 50x66
Feb 15, 2008

bookshelves: ya, graphicnovel, high_school_08, highschool, illustrations

Re-gifters by Mike Carey

My name is Dik Seong Jen. Even though Jen is my first name, everyone calls me Dixie. You see…Koreans put their first names at the end and…well anyway… Other things you have to know to understand me are that I “feel things deeply”, I have a temper, and I kind of act out and can’t help it. Oh, but and the emotions I can’t express, I channel into hapkido, Korean martial arts. I’m pretty good too!

I have two things on my mind these days…Adam and the tournament. Adam’s great at hapkido. He’s going to be in the tournament with me, well, I mean, I would have been going to the tournament if I had spent the money my dad gave me on the entrance fee, like I was supposed to, and not on Adam’s birthday gift. See, I gave him this awesome Hwarang warrior statue…but instead of noticing me, he asks me to help him get closer to this other girl. Gah!

I alienated my best friend, lied to my parents and now I don’t have the boy or the tournament. How will I get myself out of this?

Read Re-Gifters by Mike Carey to find out if Dixie gets what she wants in the end and to see if the saying “what goes around comes around” is true.

Grades 9 and up, AHJ-2577, graphic novel
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Re-Gifters.

06/26/2016 marked as: read