Urs's Reviews > When Darkness Falls

When Darkness Falls by James Grippando

Apr 06, 11

Read from March 25 to April 06, 2011

This was the first Grippando book that I have read, so Swyteck was a new character for me. This was a free read in three parts from the kindle store, but I waited for all three parts to be available before I started reading. I did not want to risk being left hanging.

From the book description, I though that this book would have a more legal or sleuthing edge to it, but it was more of a thriller suspense read. However, there were not enough nuggets given to uncover the mystery during the first two thirds of the book. Because of this, the events from the first part of the book, although they involved the same players, just seemed like random events. The last third of the book, then, had an overload of information finally linking all of the earlier events together. When the last "thrilling" event finally ends, the book should have ended there. Instead there are about four more chapters extending the story out more than it needed to be.

The book was well written otherwise, and there were interesting parts in the book. Perhaps I would have enjoyed this more if I had read other books in the series. I cannot tell. After having read this one, though, I have no plans to read any of the others.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read When Darkness Falls.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Cherye elliott This is book 6 of a series. You can't jump into the middle of a persons life and know what his past is. Start from book one and then rerate your review.