Kirsty (overflowing library)'s Reviews > Infinity

Infinity by Sherrilyn Kenyon

Apr 15, 11

Read from April 14 to 15, 2011

Infinity is the first book in Sherrilyn Kenyon's Young Adult series following the story of Nick.

I will freely admit that I am not entirely sure what I made of this book but I was sufficiently entertained and intrigued that I will definitely be continuing on with the series in the not too distance future. There were several things that I liked about it but almost other things that I wasn't too sure on.

I loved the main character in this book. I loved that Nick was a bit of a underdog and certainly one I could champion. I loved that he loved his mum and has this innate need to do what was right. I loved his sarcasm and how generally streetwise he was. I am looking forward to getting to see a bit more of him in the next book.

The story itself and particularly the dialogue was funny all the way through which kept making me chuckle out loud as I was reading along. There was also lots of action of the supernatural kind and an awful lot of ideas and plotlines thrown out there to be developed in future books.

The book itself was a little bit too random and at times a bit confusing. Characters popped up or things happened very quickly and I couldn't decide whether the author was deliberately throwing me in the deep end or assumed that I knew a bit more background than I in fact did. This is the main reason why I'm not sure what I think about this book.

certainly an interesting start to a series ... I wonder what it is going to do next.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Infinity.