oliviasbooks's Reviews > The DUFF: Designated Ugly Fat Friend

The DUFF by Kody Keplinger

Sep 16, 13

bookshelves: young-adult-fiction, ya-contemporary, love-story-romance, read-2011, stays-with-me, favorites-of-2011, not-afraid-of-sex-in-ya, debut, family-grief-or-other-disasters, read-2013, in-one-go, re-read-2013
Recommended to oliviasbooks by: Phoebe
Read from September 15 to 16, 2013, read count: 2

*** Read for the first time on August 10th and 11th 2011 ***

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The DUFF.

08/10/2011 page 166
58.0% "If I had had the chance I would have read this in one go. It feels so real. Last night I wanted to read one chapter before switching off the lights and ended up reading 105 pages ..."
09/15/2013 marked as: currently-reading
09/15/2013 page 127
45.0% "Re-reading. I cannot believe how much of Bianca's problematic situation I have forgotten since 2011!!"
09/16/2013 marked as: read

dateDown_arrow    newest »

JoJo - JJJ (Jo Anna) Janesko I love this book, I hope you enjoy it!!!

oliviasbooks I hope so, too.

JoJo - JJJ (Jo Anna) Janesko I am no certain if you follow Nic from Australia's blog however she does book boyfriends every week and she did one last week of Wesley Rush. He is book boyfriend #25. You should check it out, swoon....

oliviasbooks Maybe I will. I'll read the book first.

Jessica Uh-oh. Olivia, somehow I don't think you'll like this. I hope you will but I don't think so...Well, I'm looking forward to your verdict ;)

JoJo - JJJ (Jo Anna) Janesko @Jessica Oh no... I am sure you would no Jessica. It was such a good book. I looked to see what your review was and I am glad you likey as well. You and I actually have a lot of books in common. :=)

message 7: by Jessica (last edited Aug 10, 2011 01:43PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jessica I dunno, if Olivia had asked me whether or not to read this one I would have told her no. I just don't think it's an Olivia book but hey, I might be wrong :) Lets hope so ^^

I totally loved this one :-D Yeah, we do!

JoJo - JJJ (Jo Anna) Janesko @Jessica I don't know Olivia's taste very well.. You would know.
Wesley Rush = hotness..

Jessica Me agrees. Wesley is hot :)

Teccc Wow, 5 stars. Now I've got to read this ;)

JoJo - JJJ (Jo Anna) Janesko So happy you liked it and on top of it a favorite, too awesome!!! Wesley = drool.

oliviasbooks You can borrow my copy if you like to, Teccc.

Teccc Thanks :) But Janina has it on her available-for-swapping shelf, and I've asked her if I can get it. So if everything works out she will probably send it to me.

oliviasbooks Even better!

Janina Teccc wrote: "Thanks :) But Janina has it on her available-for-swapping shelf, and I've asked her if I can get it. So if everything works out she will probably send it to me."

It's yours. I will send it together with Burn Bright tomorrow or on Saturday. Actually, I am very happy to get rid of it ... *coughs*.

Teccc Yay! I'm very curious about it ;)

Jessica Say what? 5 stars? You never fail to surprise me, Olivia ^^ So glad you liked it, though! :)

message 18: by Nic (new) - rated it 4 stars

Nic Jessica wrote: "Say what? 5 stars? You never fail to surprise me, Olivia ^^ So glad you liked it, though! :)"

I was thinking the same thing!

message 19: by oliviasbooks (last edited Aug 12, 2011 05:28AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

oliviasbooks Uhhh? Why should I not like this??? Because of the pseudo-jerk? There's a difference: Wesley is always open about his views on sex and girls. Although he is a player he is never mean or abusive. Plus he thinks of others and there are understandable reasons for his behavior.
I hate those books in which girls swoon over bad boys and never even realize that they are being walked over by shit-with-good-looks. Bianca is a fantastic heroine in my opinion (although I despise the name).

JoJo - JJJ (Jo Anna) Janesko Olivia I don't think you could have said it any better. I loved this book for all of the same reason. Yes, the name could have been different for certain. Oh and who could ask for two better best friends.

message 21: by Autumn (new)

Autumn Doughton on my TBR now :)