willaful's Reviews > Harmony's Way

Harmony's Way by Lora Leigh

Mar 25, 11

bookshelves: ick-factor, snoozeville
Read from March 17 to 24, 2011, read count: 1

Lance and Harmony meet on page 17 of this book and by page 55 have had very lengthy sex twice -- the second time with some bondage thrown in -- which is once more than they’ve had conversations. That continues to be the pattern throughout. Sex, sex, a tiny bit of story and then some more sex.

I usually am fine with “fated mate” stories, but this one really pushed it. The mating seems mainly a way of subjugating the woman and keeping her helpless. There’s some thematic reason for this; Harmony is the cold-blooded assassin being brought to her knees:

“‘I’m weak,’ she said then, distress filling her eyes. ‘I can’t be weak, Lance.’”

I could have found this very powerful, if only there had been more build-up. Instead, we’re told how powerful and heartless Harmony is, then five seconds later she’s mated and helpless. I’m so tired of Leigh’s weird, Diana Palmerish style of having half the story take place before it starts.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Harmony's Way.

03/18/2011 page 53
17.0% "Ummm... where's the story?"
03/19/2011 page 101
42.0% ""His expression turned chastising as he wagged his finger at her. 'Little girls who lie get their butts spanked,' he warned her. That did not turn her on. It didn't." Well, that makes two of us."
03/23/2011 page 101
42.0% "I have 4 days to finished this and am really not sure I care..." 2 comments
03/24/2011 page 130
55.0% "Wish my Nook had a "skip rest of boring section" option." 4 comments

dateDown_arrow    newest »

seton Yep, yep. Agreed.
(Can't believe u finished it tho)

message 2: by D.G. (new)

D.G. I commend you for finishing this. I gave up on LL a while back.

willaful seton wrote: "Yep, yep. Agreed.
(Can't believe u finished it tho)"

That's the trouble with ebooks, it's so hard to skim. I can rarely do a DNF without skimming.

Sherri needs a twin I think that's why I have yet to read this one.

Sherri needs a twin attempted to read this and my brain melted.

willaful Yup.