Ronyell's Reviews > It Happened One Autumn

It Happened One Autumn by Lisa Kleypas

After reading Lisa Kleypas’ previous books Again The Magic and Secrets of a Summer Night, I just had to read the second book in the Wallflower series called “It Happened One Autumn” which stars Lillian Bowman and Marcus, Lord Westcliff! “It Happened One Autumn” is so full of drama, romance one awesome hero and heroine team that any romance fan will eat this book up!

American heiress Lillian Bowman came to London along with her family to pursue a worthy husband of her status. However, Lillian seems to loathe the handsome yet headstrong Earl of Stony Cross Park, Marcus, Lord Westcliff as she believes that he is a snob and Marcus seems to loathe Lillian also since she is so stubborn. But this couple will soon realize that their differences might bring them closer together.

*My, I am so breathless!* Oh my goodness, this book clearly defines what a true romance novel is all about! I just practically love everything about this book – the characters, the plot and the romance! I loved the way that Lisa Kleypas made the book extremely dramatic yet hilarious at the same time and what I really loved about Lisa Kleypas’ writing is how she made Lillian Bowman and Marcus, Lord Westcliff’s relationship seem so hilarious, especially when they are arguing so much. I usually disapprove of couples fighting in romance novels, but in this case, the way that Marcus and Lillian argued was so cute! It is like one moment Lillian and Marcus are arguing about how they should ruled each other’s lives and then the next minute, they are making love to each other!

As much as I loved the plot, the characters were the true highlights of this story! My favorite characters in this book are of course, Lillian Bowman and Marcus, Lord Westcliff! Lillian Bowman is truly one heroine I truly enjoyed as she Is not afraid to speak her mind, even in the face of danger and I loved the way that she easily stands up to Marcus and speaks on her opinions, which is an aspect of her character that I truly loved. I also loved Lillian’s close relationship with the other Wallflowers which included her sister Daisy Bowman, Annabelle Peyton and Evangeline Jenner. Now, I would like to talk about Marcus, Lord Westcliff and man is he something else! Marcus, Lord Westcliff is one amazing hero as he is described as being muscular yet lean and he is truly headstrong and also speaks his mind! What I really loved about Marcus is how he truly has a heart full of gold, especially when it concerns Lillian and when Lillian is in grave danger, oh boy, watch out because Marcus can be really frightening when he is angry, which I really admit made me more attracted to his character! I could go on and on about Marcus, but that would be an extremely long list to go through! This romance novel is sex scenes galore as it is full of lovemaking scenes between Marcus and Lillian that will have your hairs stand on your ends!

There are many sex scenes throughout this book, so anyone who is uncomfortable with reading sex scenes might want to skip over these scenes when reading this book.

All in all, “It Happened One Autumn” is clearly a novel that defines what a true romance novel is all about and also features my favorite hero, Marcus, Lord Westcliff! I am definitely going out of my way to read the next book in the Wallflower series, Devil in Winter!

Review is also on: Rabbit Ears Book Blog

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read It Happened One Autumn.

Quotes Ronyell Liked

Lisa Kleypas
“There is nothing on earth more beautiful to me than your smile...no sound sweeter than your laughter...no pleasure greater than holding you in my arms. I realized today that I could never live without you, stubborn little hellion that you are. In this life and the next, you’re my only hope of happiness. Tell me, Lillian, dearest love...how can you have reached so far inside my heart?”
Lisa Kleypas, It Happened One Autumn

Lisa Kleypas
“I can't get it out," she said.

"Just pull at it."

"It hurts. It's throbbing."

"Pull harder."

"I can't! It's truly stuck. I need something to make it slippery. Do you have some sort of lubricant nearby?"

"No."

"Not anything?"

"Much as it may surprise you, we've never needed lubricant in the library before now.”
Lisa Kleypas, It Happened One Autumn

03/18/2011 page 20
5.0% "Only read the prologue so far..."
03/20/2011 page 160
42.0% "*Gasp!!!* Lord Westcliff forces Lillian into a kiss?!? Wow...what a guy!! :D" 5 comments
03/23/2011 page 230
60.0% "Uh oh! Seems like there is competition between Westcliff and St. Vincent!" 6 comments
03/25/2011 page 382
100.0% "Finished!! Review soon to come!!!" 4 comments

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Catherine (new) - added it

Catherine Great review, Ronyell. Lillian and Marcus were so perfect together. They couldn't keep themselves from arguing with each other, but it was delicious when they did. The tension between them was great and I really enjoyed all the scenes relating to the perfume.

Ronyell Me too!! I thought it was cute about how Lillian thought that the perfume made Marcus fall in love with her, but when she realizes that Marcus loved her for who she is, I just melted inside!

Ronyell Thanks Danielle!!

Lisa Kay Great review, Ronyell! I'm the same when it comes to what one GR reviewer (Willaful) calls a 'bickerfest' in a romance. But, in this one Kleypas writes the arguments beautifully.

Suzanne the Mighty (Under the Covers Book blog) Love the review Rony! This is my fave in the series

message 8: by Jen (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jen Great review! I think Westcilff is my favorite from the Wallflowers...or maybe Simon. Oh I never can decide.

Ronyell UniquelyMoi *~*Dhestiny*~* wrote: "Wonderful review!"

Thanks UM!!

Ronyell Suzanne aka The Wench ~Satin Seductress~ wrote: "Love the review Rony! This is my fave in the series"

Thanks Suzanne!! I love this book too!!

Ronyell Jen wrote: "Great review! I think Westcilff is my favorite from the Wallflowers...or maybe Simon. Oh I never can decide."

Yeah!! I love both Simon and Westcliff!! I'll have to see about St. Vincent in the next book though.

Ronyell Lisa Kay wrote: "Great review, Ronyell! I'm the same when it comes to what one GR reviewer (Willaful) calls a 'bickerfest' in a romance. But, in this one Kleypas writes the arguments beautifully."

I totally agree Lisa!! The way that Marcus and Lillian argued in this book was just so precious!!!

CrazyPenguinLady Great review! I laughed when I read that you could go on about Westcliff, but the list is endless, haha. Same thing happened to me. ;D

Ronyell Lilliana wrote: "Great review! I laughed when I read that you could go on about Westcliff, but the list is endless, haha. Same thing happened to me. ;D"

Thanks! I just love Westcliff so much! He's actually one of my most favorite romance heroes!