Isamlq's Reviews > Sing Me to Sleep

Sing Me to Sleep by Angela Morrison

Aug 18, 11

Read from August 16 to 17, 2011

Sing Me to Sleep is very emotional but sometimes overly so. And being perfectly honest, the story should read hokey, in a soap opera over the top kind of way. Take each element on it's own and everything could have become too much. There's a make over, a boy who's special for reasons unknown, and a love that starts in another country. Then there's another boy pining over his best friend. And the bullies!! But I suppose this is my kind of drama because enjoyed it and am not even embarrassed to having cried twice: once when he was explaining what was and the other when she finally sang him her song. Thinking about those moments have me teary eyed again! Anyway, this is my kind of drama; I'd much rather have a girl who feels, and feels deeply over a girl who's caught in a triangle. Or even a boy who isn't so perfect, in his secrecy and wanting to keep his realities separate.

That it's told in her POV added a bit more to me liking this book. Her voice is crystal... I got what she felt. I felt her frustration over Derek, but I also understood why she felt so deeply for him. But she confused me a little too, I know she'd been isolated and was unpracticed in the how-to's of boy's and girl's, but that she'd jump to conclusions and make all these theories had me chuckling and head desking too. So she frustrated me with her naivete. But her loyalty and passion had me reading on.

And speak of frustration, oh my... Derek could be so frustrating but a lot of the drama came in because of him. I loved that he wanted her separate despite knowing full well that doing so would be impossible. My curiosity was piqued even more given his reactions to Scott. Derek is so far from perfect but there's simply something about him that I can't get over.

Then Scott. Talk of loyalty I was relieved to see some real reactions from him. While his loyalty was heartwarming his reactions close to the end of the book made him more plausible.

There's a lot of drama and emotion in this once, but given the simple way it's told as well as the little bonuses of lyrics, well, I enjoyed it.

3/5
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sing Me to Sleep.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Jasprit One of my faves, hope you enjoy it :)

Isamlq Jasprit wrote: "One of my faves, hope you enjoy it :)"

i did :)