Annmarie's Reviews > The Pulse of Hopeful Life

The Pulse of Hopeful Life by Jeana Watters

Sep 16, 12

Read in March, 2012

Great book club discussion with this book choice!

I read it in 2 days - didn't want to put it down once I started! I really liked how the story was divided into three sections - I could see how this could be a movie! :) I would pay to see it. Easy read, well written, and drew me into the story. Not an easy topic and hard to understand how the main character Andria was making the choices she did . . . but I know what it feels like to want to run away and hide and I've let my mind wonder a few times to what I would do if I ever did . . . but perhaps not everyone can relate to that, so they hold it against her. I've loved someone who lost a loved one and it's HARD to love someone who is greiving. Hard on me - hard on them. Grieving is hard. Time doesn't make it "easier" but when time passes you realize time will pass and you go on.

Emotional story. I would recommend adding a post-logue to the end of the book (or whatever the official title of that would be). . . to divuldge more of the author's personal thoughts/connection. Those in my book club agreed that would be well received. I think it would give the readers a greater connection and understanding to Andria and realize what an accomplishment for Jeana Watters!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Pulse of Hopeful Life.