Daisy's Reviews > The Vampire Lestat

The Vampire Lestat by Anne Rice
Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Vampire Lestat.

Quotes Daisy Liked

Anne Rice
“The prince is never going to come. Everyone knows that; and maybe sleeping beauty's dead.”

Anne Rice
“I'm Gentleman Death in silk and lace, come to put out the candles. The canker in the heart of the rose.”

Anne Rice
“To be godless is probably the first step to innocence," he said, "to lose the sense of sin and subordination, the false grief for things supposed to be lost."
So by innocence you mean not an absence of experience, but an absence of illusions."
An absence of need for illusions," he said. "A love of and respect for what is right before your eyes.”

Anne Rice
“Oh Lestat, you deserved everything that's ever happened to you. You better not die. You might actually go to hell.”

Anne Rice
“A singer can shatter glass with the proper high note," he said, "but the simplest way to break glass is simply to drop it on the floor.”

Anne Rice
“We breathe the light, we breathe the music, we breathe the moment as it passes through us.”

Anne Rice
“Oh, my darling, wish you were here!
And my dark soul is happy again, because it does not know how to be anything else for very long, and
because the pain is a deep dark sea in which I would drown if I did not sail my little craft steadily over the
surface, steadily towards a sun which will never rise.”