Dre's Reviews > It Happened One Autumn

It Happened One Autumn by Lisa Kleypas

Mar 17, 11

bookshelves: favorites, historical, non-ebook, romance-erotica, re-readables
Read in March, 2011

** spoiler alert ** Such a great sotry. I was completely in shock when stuffy Westcliff decided to compromise Lillian and did so on purpose, but I was glad that he was able to let go of some of the more conservative rules of the peerage in order to get what he wanted. He and Lillian are my favorite couple so far as they are most like my boyfriend and myself. Two very stubborn and very opinionated people, and of course their opinions are usually contradictory, but they obviously love each other, so things end up working out. It was great to see Westcliff slowly opening up to Lillian and actually smiling and enjoying himself and letting go of that stuffy, conservative thinking of the peerage.

I was so appalled by Westcliff's mother, and I am glad that he stood up to her and sent her away. How she could be such a hypocrite talking about Lillian's bad manners and behavior, but she cheated on her husband, and the youngest sibling did not actually belong to Westcliff's father is beyond me, but I guess that's how things were back then.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read It Happened One Autumn.

Quotes Dre Liked

Lisa Kleypas
“There is nothing on earth more beautiful to me than your smile...no sound sweeter than your laughter...no pleasure greater than holding you in my arms. I realized today that I could never live without you, stubborn little hellion that you are. In this life and the next, you’re my only hope of happiness. Tell me, Lillian, dearest love...how can you have reached so far inside my heart?”
Lisa Kleypas, It Happened One Autumn