April Wilkerson's Reviews > Lover Unleashed

Lover Unleashed by J.R. Ward

Apr 07, 11

Read from April 05 to 07, 2011

This book was just like all the others so far. I think that is why I'm only giving it two stars, I'm just kinda getting worn out of the same story being repeated over and over but with a different Brother. They fall in love instantly, there is some reason they can't be together, then they end up getting to be together...eh. Change it up a little Ward. You can't have the same story for 8 books in a row and expect the readers to be hanging on the edge like we were at the start of the series. Yeah the background stories change, there is a new dramatic enemy at large maybe...but even that is predictable at this point.

The one good thing that came out of this book was a look into Quinn and Blay, they are my fav characters so I am still anxious to see how their story plays out (even though we all know how it is going to end).

One more thing I want to point out: in this book I didn't think Ward stayed consistent with Payne's character. She is this tough girl is the last book, and at the start of this book...then by the end I think she would have cried if she didn't win her game of pool. Come on, this is a solder with V's blood and the Bloodletter’s, and she is crying over everything! I can get her crying over their love at some of the points, but I thought it was waaay over done. I wish she would have been that tough girl I liked, beating up Wrath and telling her mother off, all the way through the book, she just turned into too much of a whimp for me.

On another inconsistent note: When did seven Lessors become a problem for FIVE Brothers to take down without ALLLL of them ending up in the ER? I thought that part of the book was way out line. At the start of the series it wouldn't be a problem for 1 Brother to take on two Lessors...but now five can't handle seven?

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lover Unleashed.