Ami's Reviews > Hearts & Bones

Hearts & Bones by M.L. Rhodes

Mar 27, 13

bookshelves: dnf

Guess I'm one of the minority group who finds this series as MEH. I remember skimming most of the sex scenes from book #1. The sequel is just worse for me. Maybe because I find the BDSM factor and the "man from Ethan's past" that has to do with the D/s theme as a bit too much and a bit ridiculous. It's not what I expect to come from the sequel. So I practically don't care. Just get to about half the book (already skimming most of it) and decide to stop reading altogether. Don't feel like waiting for any other sequel of it either *shrugs*
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hearts & Bones.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Kelly H. (Maybedog) Do you remember this well enough to tell me more about the BDSM factor? Do the two become D/s 24/7? Or is just in the bedroom?

message 2: by Ami (new) - added it

Ami Uuuuhmmm, I don't remember! Sorry, Kelly. BUT I think M.L. Rhodes is not an author who writes 24/7 D/s. So based on that, and my lack of memory, I think this is in the bedroom only.

Kelly H. (Maybedog) Okay, good. I love her (his?) work so I really want to read this. I just get squicky about 24/7 submission.

Thank you!

message 4: by Ami (new) - added it

Ami Sorry that I don't help you much. My memory sucks. But maybe other reviews could help?

message 5: by Kelly H. (Maybedog) (last edited Feb 03, 2014 08:33PM) (new)

Kelly H. (Maybedog) You did help. I've asked someone else, too, so they may be able to help, but it's such an old book that most people read it long ago. I'm leaning towards reading it. I used to have a problem with BDSM in general, but I'm getting over it. I just don't like TPE--24/7 D/s--which isn't really BDSM it's abuse because the submissive can never question anything, can never assert their opinion.