Ashley's Reviews > The Last Lecture

The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch

F_50x66
Mar 16, 11

bookshelves: to-read

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Last Lecture.

Quotes Ashley Liked

Randy Pausch
“Look, I'm going to find a way to be happy, and I'd really love to be happy with you, but if I can't be happy with you, then I'll find a way to be happy without you.”

Randy Pausch
“We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.”

Randy Pausch
“It's not about how to achieve your dreams, it's about how to lead your life, ... If you lead your life the right way, the karma will take care of itself, the dreams will come to you.”

Randy Pausch
“The questions are always more important than the answers.”

Randy Pausch
“No matter how bad things are, you can always make things worse.”

Randy Pausch
“Too many people go through life complaining about their problems. I've always believed that if you took one tenth the enrgy you put into complaining and applied it to solving the problem, you'd be surprised by how well things can work out.”

Randy Pausch
“One thing that makes it possible to be an optimist is if you have a contingency plan for when all hell breaks loose.”

Randy Pausch
“I’ve never understood pity and self-pity as an emotion. We have a finite amount of time. Whether short or long, it doesn’t matter. Life is to be lived.”

“No job is beneath you.

You ought to be thrilled you got a job in the mailroom And when you get there, here's what you do: Be really great at sorting mail. ”

Randy Pausch
“Put on your own oxygen mask before assisting others.”

Randy Pausch
“Want to have a short phone call with someone? Call them at 11:55 a.m., right before lunch. They'll talk fast. You may think you are interesting, but you are not more interesting than lunch.”

Randy Pausch
“I've always admired people who are over-prepared.”

Randy Pausch
“If you can find an opening, you can probably find a way to float through it.”

Randy Pausch
“It's not helpful if we spend every day dreading tomorrow ~Jai”