Lisette Brodey's Reviews > Meant to Be

Meant to Be by Tiffany King

Jun 05, 11

bookshelves: ya-paranormal
Read from May 07 to June 05, 2011

I thoroughly enjoyed Tiffany King’s debut novel, “Meant to Be.” Krista Miller is a super-sensitive teen, but not in the typical sense. Her emotions are too overpowering to live the life of a normal teen and she is without friends. However, Krista does have someone special: a boy who appears in her dreams every night, and who after a sudden move to Santa Cruz, California, turns out to be a living, breathing person, Mark, who has been having the same dreams. They recognize (and love) one another immediately.

Additionally, at her new school in Santa Cruz, Krista meets another girl, Sam, who has the same connection with a boy named Shawn as she does with Mark. The four become acutely aware of their commonalities and begin searching for answers. Tiffany King keeps the suspense going as the characters explore the possibilities, unaware that danger is just around the corner.

I’m so glad to know that the author is writing a sequel to this delightful book. The end of “Meant to Be,” while satisfying, also will serve well as the beginning to the next book in this YA Paranormal series. I look forward to the development of the characters and their further adventures. I have no doubt that Tiffany King has some exciting plans in the works.
2 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Meant to Be.